Friday, December 14, 2012

Good & Evil in the Same Moment

Today I experienced good & evil in the very same moment & it was incredibly emotional.

I need to back up a little bit in order for this story to make sense. 

Not long ago a woman with a beautiful soul contacted me about helping once a month with feeding the homeless.  Her name is Sobia & she & her family are from the beautiful white Islamic Mosque on West Speedway, near Stone & Main Street.   :)    

Sobia told me that she also would like to help out with the 80 gift bags for the homeless for Christ-mas I am putting together again this year.  She let me know that the people from the mosque will provide all the deodorants, shampoo, conditioners, shaving creams, razors & bars of soap I would need, which multiplied by 80 is huge.  :o

Today as I was driving up to the Mosque to pick up these items the news came on about the terrible  shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, & I sat there just crying.  At the same moment Sobia's family was loading all these incredible donations into my car for the homeless & those big boxes just kept coming & coming.  We were worried about fitting it all into my SUV, it was so much.   :)

At that very moment I experienced evil & good at the exact same time for the first time in my life.  Normally it is one or the other, but never both at the same moment.  I felt how the good covered over the evil & triumphed over it.  It is quite difficult to describe the emotions that I was feeling at that very moment.  It was like one of my eyes was crying in sadness & my other eye was crying tears of joy, all at the same time. 

Sobia & all your loving family & friends, I am ever soooo grateful to you for your enormous Generosity & Caring & for giving me this experience today, which will live on forever in my Heart.   :)   

You all are the embodyment of Goodness & Love !!  :) 

1 comment:

Kristine Duke said...

Karen, my name is Kristine, and my husband and I own Kadooks Costa Rican Food Truck. We just opened, and decided that on Christmas Day, we'd like to go to a locla park in Tucson and serve meals for free. I just found your blog and thought you might be the person to to talk to about this. We'd love any advice on this, being this will be our first time, hopefully of many. Please email me at kadook@kadooks.com. Thank you!!!!