Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pork Tacos (Carnitas), Pinto Beans & Cilantro Rice

Another successful meal completed.   :)   We fed 46 homeless people today & everyone just loved the food & all were ever so grateful.  We never heard so many "thank yous" before & many of the fed came over to say it once more extra specially before leaving with a full belly.  :)  
We had a lot of food today, with many different parts to it, which included lettuce, tomatoes, shredded Mexican cheese, salsa, limes, jalapenos, cookies & bottled water. 

Faith, thank you for cooking with me again today !!  All that extra work was well worth it & I wish you could have been there to receive all the gratitude too !!  :)   Hopefully I am able to reflect it back to you through this writing !!   :)   Your cilantro rice is awesome.   :) 

Heily, thank you for helping to shred the pork & for chopping lots of tomatoes, even though you don't like tomatoes.   :)   It was nice to have you around today with your Mom & I !!   :)  And thank you for baking all those wonderful sugar cookies for the homeless !!  :)  You are so sweet Girl !!  :)

Marilyn, thank you for taking those wonderful pictures which are posted below !!  :)  It is always nice to be able to post photos of the people we feed.  You are our official photographer.  ;)   Thank you also for helping with the serving & for your kind help in helping me clean up all the pots & pans at my house afterwards !!  :)   I so appreciate it all !!  :)

Mark B., you surprised us at the park with helping to serve, which is always wonderful !!  :)  J.J. & I always like it when you are there with us.  You always add your Love & lots of laughter to everything & the homeless really like you too.  Thank you & also for helping out with the food fund too !!  :)  Your timing is always impeccable !!   :)

J.J., my gratitude to you is ever so much !!  :)   When you are there to help, you do such a great job setting up & taking things down. !!  :)  It always gives me one less thing to be concerned about !!  I so appreciate that, especially after the long hours of cooking & having a tired brain.  ;)

Today we had a brand-new helper by the name of Jim D., who is a friend of Faith's.  Jim, thank you for jumping in to help when I needed another person to serve the food !!  You fit right in.  And it was fun to have your Santa Claus energy at the parks with us.  Next time we expect you in your Santa hat.  ;)   Who is Santa without his hat ??!!   :)  

Dave & Linda, thank you as always with my whole Heart for your help with some of the groceries & Dave for always being there for me to load up the car before heading to the parks.  :)   Even when I forget to remind you !!   ;)  Those pots filled with food would be really heavy for me to lift.  Your help is always so needed & appreciated !!  :)  

Randy S., I don't know how to thank you enough for your awesome & thoughtful check for more food & meals !!  :)   You really made me cry with Gratitude !!   :)

All of you & the homeless too are always in my Heart & my Prayers & that is a done deal & I wish I could do more than that for each & everyone of you wonderful people !!  :)

Sleep with the Angels all you Dears !!   :)



No comments: