Saturday, May 11, 2013

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Mushrooms, Cauliflower & Broccoli

Another meal served & 34 hungry people fed today.  :)  The homeless always love spaghetti when we make it & the meal is always, more than usual, so much appreciated.  :)  We heard many, many thank yous, which makes us feel good too.  :)

My wonderful neighbors Sue & Lee came over this afternoon & together we cooked three big pots of Spaghetti & meat sauce with fresh mushrooms, broccoli & cauliflower mixed right into it.  We used 8 pounds of pasta, 12 pounds of ground beef, 6 huge cans of spaghetti sauce, 3 lbs. of mushrooms, 3 lbs. of broccoli & 2 great big heads of cauliflower.  Then we also made a huge container filled with tossed salad, which included cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados & 2 big bundles of cilantro.  The cilantro gives it such a wonderful taste & is a quite unexpected surprise.  We also had cookies, water, Gatorade & sodas. 

Since there weren't very many people today at the parks, most of the homeless got seconds & thirds & I still have a bunch of food left over.  I am thinking of donating it to a friend who feeds many hungry people every Wednesday on the Yaqui Reservation on the south side of Tucson.  :)  

Thank you Sue & Lee for being there for me with the cooking & the big amount of chopping you both did for this meal !!  :)  I always love the quality time in the kitchen when we chop & stir, the best conversations come out of that.  :)  And it is such a great way to get to know each other better.  :) 

Lee, thank you for donating all those sodas once again & the Gatorade, along with some candy to take to the parks.  You are a very kind soul !!  :)  

And so are Dave & Linda for always helping out with donating some of the food to cook.   :)   I am so blessed with my wonderful neighbors who have huge caring & loving hearts !!  :)  

Marilyn & J.J., thank you both for serving the food with me once more & Marilyn for helping clean up the kitchen afterwards.  :)   And thank you for being such a loyal friend !!   :)

J.J., you are so great in just taking over & doing whatever has to be done to get the job done at the parks !!  :)   I am very grateful to you & very glad that you are back again !!  :)   It's also great to have some male muscles & male energy with us too !!  :)
Once you start this, it's hard to stay away.  :)  I know, I went through it too.  I just started missing some of the people in the parks & the friends we made over time & had to go back again.  :) 

All our Hearts are full & we extend this to all of you who donated money to help out, so we can continue to do this for a long time to go !!   :)  I believe in Karma & all this good Karma is for sure coming back to you in many different ways, but that is not why we do it !!   :)   It is my wish for you all though !!  :)

Good Night now, time to put up my legs & get some rest.   :)

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to all the Moms & consider yourself hugged tightly.  :)

No comments: